Strange error message in our server logs

Discuss general Magento related issues here.

Strange error message in our server logs

Postby portsmad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am

Hello! Recently we noticed weird error message in our server logs -

Fatal error: The encoded file filename.php requires a license file. The license file licence.file is not valid for this server. in Unknown< on line 0

Do you know what does it mean? And how we can fix it?

Thanks!
portsmad

Re: Strange error message in our server logs

Postby dweeves » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Hi Portsmad,

I had similar problem on my server with cronjob. I am going to attach cron file that I used to fix this error message. Upload this file into your magento root directory.

and set the magento cron job to run.

# crontab -e

*/5 * * * * php /path_to_file/cron_web.php

In case if you use apache authentication (password protected magento directory), then edit this file "cron_web.php" and replace 'YOUR_USER_NAME' & 'YOUR_USER_PASSWORD' by your data:

$_htpasswdUSER		= 'YOUR_USER_NAME'; //set username if you have web server protection
$_htpasswdPassword = 'YOUR_USER_PASSWORD'; //set user password if you have web server protection

Hope this helps!
dweeves

Postby portsmad » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 am

Thanks for Help!!!
portsmad

Postby elarey » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:54 am

2 Years later we have the same Problem - is the cron_web.php still available somewhere? Maybe it can help us too :)
elarey

Postby Vadim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:56 am

elarey wrote:2 Years later we have the same Problem - is the cron_web.php still available somewhere? Maybe it can help us too :)

Hello elarey,
Great you've asked!
Since it's been a while and now Magento files are different, please try using the following cron job to run:
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /bin/sh /path_to_magento_files/cron.sh

In addition, you might try using the cron checker script from Plumrocket Inc, please find it attached. You will need to unzip the archive, and upload it to the root directory of your website. Once uploaded, use your browser to run the script, like this: http://www.yourdomain.com/magento-cron-checker.php
where "yourdomain" is the name of your domain. Once the script runs - it will give you results and outline further steps if any.

Hope this helps.
Vadim
Attachments
magento-cron-checker.zip
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Vadim
Site Admin

Return to General questions