Estimated Delivery Date change position

Learn how to schedule the estimated delivery date and why it is worth doing.

Estimated Delivery Date change position

Postby tsaong » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:43 am

Hi guys,

I am just getting crazy with this for more then a week !! So I hope you could give me a hand on that!!

Weel, I'd like to move the Estimated Delivery Date extesion from description to just under the product pic (product page).

I have tried to edit so many files, adding some block, php line, but nothing change !!! still in the short description.

the last thing I have tried is,

Edit catalog.xml and add: <block type="estimateddelivery/product" name="estimateddelivery_product" as="estimateddelivery" template="estimateddelivery/product.phtml" />

+ on view.phtml add this line: <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('estimateddelivery') ?>

Anyone has an idea on that?
thank you
tsaong

Re: Estimated Delivery Date change position

Postby DouglasPrado » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:15 am

Hey tsaong,
Sorry to hear you're spent much time on this. What you tried to do was displaying the block on the page, while you said you wanted to relocate it.
Did you make sure to try in the file app/design/frontend/YOURTHEME/template/catalog/product/view.phtml ?
Mind the theme.

Apart from that, you may want to try removing the default display in the layout file app/design/frontend/base/default/layout[i]/estimateddelivery.xml by commenting the block:
<!-- <reference name="alert.urls">
<block type="estimateddelivery/product" name="estimateddelivery_product" as="estimateddelivery" template="estimateddelivery/product.phtml" />
</reference> -->

and create another one, say:
<reference name="product.info">
<block type="estimateddelivery/product" name="estimateddelivery_product" as="estimateddelivery" template="estimateddelivery/product.phtml" />
</reference>

then in the needed position of the phtml file you need to add:
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('estimateddelivery') ?>

That should be it. What do you think guys?

Cheers!
DouglasPrado

Postby tsaong » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:39 am

Hi douglas,
thank you for your answer,

it doesn't work, still at the same position !!

About <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('estimateddelivery') ?>, can you tell me in which file I should uplaod it.

I have tried into 'app/design/frontend/mytheme/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

but not !!! :(
tsaong

Postby Wallie85 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:55 am

tsaong wrote:Hi douglas,
thank you for your answer,

it doesn't work, still at the same position !!

About <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('estimateddelivery') ?>, can you tell me in which file I should uplaod it.

I have tried into 'app/design/frontend/mytheme/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml

but not !!! :(

tsaong, if you have hard time with moving things, it makes sense to ask plumrocket devs for help. I'm not a developer myself and they did minor customs to their invitations extension for my store. Usually they'll do it clean and save your time.
Wallie85

Postby tsaong » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 am

Hi Wallie

Thx for your advise, actually I have already ask them, but the thing its gonna cost me atleast $70/h.
I know i have spent already so many hours but I think its a bit expensive. ;)
tsaong

Return to Estimated Delivery Date