Gmail blocking auto responder email from signup

Module which allows to accumulate email addresses of those users who sign up for newsletters and to reward them with coupon codes.

Gmail blocking auto responder email from signup

Postby soulroom » Fri May 13, 2016 10:43 am

Hi there,
My client uses your newsletter popup to entice people to sign up for a newsletter and receive 5% off their first order. My client has received emails from customer stating that they have not received their email with the the discount code. All the customers who mentioned this had a gmail account. My client also tried it with her gmail account and confirmed that she did not receive anything either.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so was there a fix?

In the meantime I am going to check our smtp logs to see if any errors are being given.
soulroom

Re: Gmail blocking auto responder email from signup

Postby Vadim » Mon May 16, 2016 4:38 am

Hi there soulroom,
Sorry to hear your client experiences this issue.
Did you manage to check the smtp logs?
Our assumption is, that most likely the problem is with your SMTP service. Perhaps your IP has been blacklisted at the Gmail service, therefore, your customers do not get the emails from you. Note that as of now, no other customers or store owners did not report such an issue with our extension.
So yes, first of all it makes sense to check the status of your IP with the Gmail service.
Let us know if this heled or there are any other concerns.

Best Regards,
Vadim
Plumrocket Inc
Vadim
Site Admin

Return to Newsletter Popup